Coláiste Chraobh Abhann is a co-educational, multi-denominational second level school which opened in 2003 and operates under the patronage of County Wicklow Vocational Education Committee.
'Our school is about the pursuit of educational excellence in a community where mutual respect prevails'
We aim to achieve this by:
- offering a broad-based curriculum which will meet the individual needs of our learners.
- encouraging and motivating our learners:
- to develop academically with the support of a high quality teaching service.
- to develop physically, socially and personally by participating in a wide range of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- to develop morally, spiritually and ethically through curricular and non-curricular means and from the example set by adults in the school.
- to achieve their potential.
- fostering a culture of respect, understanding and encouragement within all members of the school community
- providing a well-maintained, safe and happy environment.
- providing a disciplined and ordered environment which is caring, tolerant and inclusive.
- valuing each member of the school community equally.
- providing facilities, resources and services of the highest standards.
- supporting staff to develop professionally and personally.
- establishing structures which allow parents, students and local community to cooperate with and support the school.
- encouraging the local community to use the school as a resource and, in turn, be a resource to the school.
- promoting life-long learning for all members of the school community.
- responding to the needs of the community, society and the individual learner by adapting our services when required.
- reflecting on and evaluating our customs, practices, policies and structures on a regular basis.
- closely co-operating with and supporting parents in fulfilling their role as primary educators of their children.
- preparing learners for life and responsible citizenship so that they may continue to be valued members of society.